Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Great topping for polenta

I was craving polenta today, but didn't want to eat the Italian sausage that I usually use with my polenta.  I was really wanting something that was vegetarian.  I love peppers and had an entire bag of them (sweet peppers, a great place to get them is Costco because you can get a big bag.)  Anyway, I made a basic sauce out of whole tomatoes (crush them with your hands), some garlic, fresh oregano, a little italian herbs, fresh basil, some chopped rosemary and a can of tomato sauce.  Oh I also always add about a teaspoon of sugar and olive oil.  Cook it down to get the flavors forward.

While the sauce was stewing I sliced onion in 1/4 inch rounds, cut the peppers in half the long way, chopped some garlic and chopped some eggplant into cubes.  Then I sautéed them, (onions and peppers first) adding the rest when they softened.  I sautéed them until they were well done.  Make your portions of each for the amount you want.  Onion about 1/4 the amount of the peppers and garlic and herbs to whatever you like.

When the sauce and the veggies are done, mix the veggies into the sauce, make the polenta and then top the polenta with the sauce.  TO DIE FOR!!!!!...   See polenta in an earlier posting.    I mean it, you have to make this.....when there is a cold, wet day try it with a nice glass of vino...You won't regret!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers